The lessons here are ones I’ve taken a while to learn and they are relevant to coding and most things in life and they have not changed in the six years since I first posted them!
I hope this blog post helps others learn them quicker:
- Conclusions drawn, even by the ‘wise men’ in a community should never be taken on their own, as gospel.
- Always check the date of a resource if you can.
(most of the posts on here are several years old!)
- Do your own tests.
- Join in discussions and check your view against that of others.
- Go back and review your own conclusions after time, has anything changed? new techniques or technology been released? did you jump the gun?
- Never be afraid to admit you would change your mind (even if it’s only to yourself).
- Never be afraid to try something new.